Digital Art

I love layered art. I am currently working on a new design for t-shirts that has multiple layers to it. I have found myself drawn to many digital artists.

Summer Tree Landscape

One in particular, absolutely amazes me. Mikel Robinson is an artist from North Carolina (one of my favorite states). He uses digital art and light layered in his mixed media art to explore the range of human emotions, to feel the moment and connect with his audience. We share the same belief that we are all somehow connected to one another from the past to the present and that there is a purpose to everything, though we may not understand or realize it.

Icarus's Daughter is an example of his layering technique and digital work.
This piece touches on the dark side of human emotion for me and my yearning to break free from my responsibilities. The texture and colors of his work draw me in and actually spark old memories, perhaps of our collective unconscious.


His work can be found for sale in his etsy store galeriedeilluminata and more art can be seen on his own web site The Art of Mikel Robinson.


You can read more about him and his work on his blog.

2 comments:

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing.

Gwen Pentland said...

These are awesome. I can't wait to check out more of his work!